What you are going to learn in this module:
1. Know how to do an accurate search in a Michigan eLibrary (MeL) resouce
2. Know how to use online resources to cite sources efficiently
3. Know tips and tricks to safely use Google, discussion forums and YouTube
4. Know how to sift and evaluate resources for accuracy and authenticity
5. Understand which resources are appropriate when doing research
6. Make connections with technology standards and best practice
7. Transfer the learning to professional practice by encouraging students to safely search the Internet and cite resources accurately.
You will be documenting your learning as you go through the five sections. At the end you will create a lesson plan or activity modeling how you can use these strategies in your classroom or setting. Visit the Final Assignment page for instructions.
Note: This module should take no longer than 10 hours
Click here to continue on to Michigan eLibrary.
Addressing the ISTE Standards•T:
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity a,b;
- Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments a;
- Model Digital Age Work and Learning a;
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility b;
- Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership c
- Generating & Testing Hypotheses;
- Cues, Questions, Advance Organizers;
- Homework and Practice;
- Identify Similarities & Differences