After completing this Module, the educator will:
1. Know about multiple options in Google for productivity and enhancing functionality of the Chrome browser and Google Apps
2. Understand basic information about Chromebooks and how they are used in many classrooms (optional)
3. Understand the difference between Apps, Extensions, and Add-Ons
4. Be able to locate, install, and use Apps, Extensions, and Add-Ons for your own productivity and for use by students
5. Make connections with technology standards and best practice
6. Transfer the learning to professional practice by reviewing Apps, Extensions, and Add-Ons and selecting several to install on your machine to increase your productivity and enhance the use of the Google suite of products in your classroom
You will document your learning as you go through each of the sections. Go to the Final Assignment page where you will find a checklist of activities and how to document them to share with your instructor.
Note: This module should take no longer than 10 hours
Move on to Chromebooks in the Classroom
Addressing the ISTE Standards For Educators
2c. Model for colleagues the identification, exploration,
evaluation, curation and adoption of new digital resources and tools for learning.
3b. Establish a learning culture that promotes curiosity and
critical examination of online resources and fosters digital literacy and media fluency.
5a. Use technology to create, adapt and personalize learning experiences that foster independent learning and accommodate learner differences and needs.
5b. Design authentic learning activities that align with content area standards and use digital tools and resources to maximize active, deep learning.
6a. Foster a culture where students take ownership of their learning goals and outcomes in both independent and group settings.