1. Guru99's Microsoft Excel Training in just 7 Days
2. Using Google Spreadsheets for Special Ed Data Collection (Olsen, 2013) A short video (6 min) showing how to create headers, a chart, and graph in Google spreadsheets
3. Dr. Christie's Using Spreadsheets in the K-12 Classroom (Christie, 2007) a web site with lots of resources, tutorials, and links to classroom activities
Getting Started with the workbook
Formulas and Functions to work with data
Creating a Chart with data
5. Check out Apache OpenOffice Calc.
This FREE resource has a similar look and feel to Microsoft Office, and offers a spreadsheet option.
6. DataUSA - a platform that allows students to search the vast troves of federal census data. The tool organizes and visualizes the data in an easily digestible way.