Guiding Principles: Things, Resources, Models, and Standards
The goal of 21things4teachers is to provide a single site of free resources and tutorials which meet the international technology standards and offer any-time training to be used for professional development and improve technology proficiency of educators.
To guide this process, the Project Management team:
- seeks FREE resources, tools, apps, and links to promote learning
- aligns to the ISTE Standards for Teachers (ISTE Standards•T) to determine technology proficiency
- encourages educators to utilize their new learning to design lessons that incorporate technoogy with best practice instruction using the Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works, 2nd ed. (Pitler, Hubbell, Kuhn) framework.
- helps teachers by providing a classroom resource and technology curriculum that is free. This project is aligned with the 21things4students.net PD resources. This is a cross-walk document showing how the two projects are related and support each other.
As you move through the 21things4teachers, you will be learning about the following:
- The Basics
- SAMR and TPACK Models
- The ISTE Standards for Teachers to assess technology proficiency
- The nine categories of best practice and nine categories of technology that can be integrated to improve instruction.
- A lesson plan template for integrating technology and best practice
- Sample technology tools and resources that align to the best practice categories at Tech Best Practice