21things4teachers utilizes the ISTE Standards•T as a framework for technology proficiency.
In February 2014, 21Things4Teachers initially received the prestigious ISTE Seal of Alignment that is in effect through 2018.
The initial press release from Connected learning.Connected world is shared below.
Proclamation: Awarded February 2014
Where do you rate?
The following scale was developed by the 21things Project team in 2008 (McCarthy, Miracola, Parker-Moore, White) to assist educators in determining technology proficiency for each Thing, based on the ISTE-Standards. Consider the following examples when ranking/rating your performance on each of the Things:
The International Society for Technology in Education created the ISTE Standards for Teachers in 2008. The emphasis is on using technology to learn and teach.
The purpose of ISTE Standards•T is to:
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessment
- Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership