Face of Your Classroom
Creating a Wiki as your Face of the Classroom site
You can create your Face of the Classroom presence by creating a wiki!
Wikis are another option for creating a FREE web presence which like blogs, allows you to post information and your visitors to post comments. One difference is that a Wiki lets you set permissions so that others can also add new content or edit content on the site. Wikis are powered by Wiki software and are often used to create collaborative websites. Please check with your instructor to determine if your class will be using a wiki, and if a particular one is recommended: PBWorks, Wikispaces Classroom, or another wiki service.
PBWorks (previously named PBWiki), has a free Basic Edition wiki resource for educators (although a premium classroom version is available on the same site). Teachers can provide a personal login and password for students to use so that no email accounts are required.
Check out additional resources for Face of the Classroom!
- Know how to create a wiki
- Understand how to use, edit, and manage permissions in a wiki
- Make connections with technology standards and best practice
- Transfer the learning to professional practice by creating and monitoring an educational wiki for your classroom or setting
Addressing the ISTE Standards•T:
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity b, c;
- Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments a;
- Model Digital Age Work and Learning a,b,c;
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility b,c
- All Categories supported