Face of Your Classroom
Use FREE Web Creators to create your Face of the Classroom site
You can use an online resource such as Weebly or Google Sites to create your own web presence in a drag and drop interface. Web sites enable users to quickly create a web presence using widgets (small onscreen tools, like calendars, counters, etc.) provided by their company. No software has to be installed because they are cloud based, and free. When you create an account you are given a URL for your new web site. Weebly is one of the easiest ways for teachers to have a website. You can create multiple pages as well as a blog on your Weebly site.
Weebly provides an easy to use drag and drop environment to help you create your site. Templates for the design of pages and menus is provided as well. Get started by checking out the following resources:
The Weebly support page has a Beginner's Guide to Weebly. After finding an amazing video to add to your site you may wonder how to post it to your web presence.
Here are three options:
- Upload the file
- Post the hyperlink
- Embed the HTML code
Google members can create a web presence using their Google Sites resources for free. It takes one click to create a page, templates are provided, and a variety of settings for managing your site.
Check out additional resources for Face of the Classroom!
After completing this Thing, the educator will:
- Know how to create a web site and share the URL with others
- Understand how to add/edit pages and content
- Make connections with technology standards and best practice
- Transfer the learning to professional practice by creating and monitoring an educational web site
Addressing the ISTE Standards•T:
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity b, c;
- Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments a;
- Model Digital Age Work and Learning a,b,c;
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility b,c
- All Categories supported